Cruise Holiday like no other
Cruise Holidays are back!
You might well ask is a cruise safe right now? The good news is that cruise lines have adhered to strict Covid-19 deep cleaning and sanitizing protocols and assure passengers that their safety is their prime objective. Passengers and crew are constantly reminded of the necessary housekeeping required to stay safe.
There are many ways of taking to the water. From large sea liners, smaller motorized yachts, river boat cruises, and the popular self-driven river cruise boats on the canals of France, The Netherlands, and Britain. Whichever style you choose an exciting cruising holiday awaits you. Once you have decided if a cruise is safe right now there are many options to choose from.
What are the advantages of a cruise holiday?
- Unpack once and get on with your holiday.
- Enjoy superb cuisine and even refreshments between meals. Many cruise lines offer complimentary 24-hour room service so indulge yourself with a late-night snack or the greatest indulgence – breakfast in bed.
- Selection of dining venues from formal to relaxed outdoor meals.
- Daily entertainment and a sporting schedule with fun activities including water slides, a gym, a spa, and a media room to catch up on emails and more.
- Kids club with educational activities for all ages – and the kids are safe all day long while you bask in the sun or relax in the spa.
- Dazzling shows with international artists followed by dancing and the disco is open till late.
- Cost security as the fare is all-inclusive so no nasty shocks at the end of the holiday. Many cruises include alcoholic beverages and gratuities or will offer drinks packages.
- Exciting day excursions in carefully selected ports of call.
Big ship or small boat
Which cruise will best suit you? The choice is wide and once hooked you will probably want to try them all.
Cruise ships offer many activities on a set itinerary and there is fun in abundance for all ages. Popular cruise destinations include the Mediterranean, Baltic Sea, and the Caribbean, or you can take up a sector on a world cruise that will take you to your favorite destinations worldwide. Local cruises in South African waters have proven to be very popular too!
River cruise ships have a much smaller passenger complement and offer dedicated service with panoramic views along mighty rivers like the Rhine and Danube in Europe, Irrawaddy in Myanmar, or the Amazon in South America.
Motorized Sailing Boats
These smaller yachts are home to no more than 30 passengers and popular destinations are Turkey and Croatia. This is a great way to visit small ports and fishing villages and drop anchor in small coves for a refreshing swim.
Le Boat River and Canal Boats
For the best-ever family and friends holiday rent a boat on one of the many European and British rivers. The boats are compact and easy to navigate and fully equipped including bicycles and an optional gas barbecue. Travel through magnificent countryside and farmlands and stop at quaint villages for local delicacies or a superb regional meal.
The pace is leisurely and traversing the locks is great fun for all. Stop whenever you want and ride bikes along the old towpaths or relax on the sunny deck. Local markets and wineries offer tastings to encourage you to buy the best on offer at farm prices.
When to Cruise
Cruising is an all-year activity but summer is popular for families who need to observe school holidays. The cooler spring and autumn days are usually a little less crowded and prices are often reduced accordingly.
Christmas cruises are popular in Europe, these can include visits to ancient towns with special Christmas markets with crafts, local fare, and glühwein to ward off the cold. Back on board, all is cozy and even the pool is heated. New Year’s cruises are also great fun as there are gala events for all ages and what could be more romantic than stepping out on deck to toast the new year on the silvery sea?
- October 24, 2022
- Comments Off on Cruise Holiday like no other